End Circus Animal Suffering!!
Start Date : October 4, 2012
End Date : October 4, 2013
Email : email@example.com
Animals in circuses and traveling shows are subjected to horrific abuse, confinement, exploitation and cruelty. For the few minutes the public is “entertained” by them performing ridiculous unnatural stunts, these animals suffer a lifetime of misery. On November 2, 2011, Congressman Jim Moran (D-VA) along with Jan Creamer (Animal Defenders International,) Ed Stewart (Performing Animal Welfare Society -PAWS) Dr. Mel Richardson, DVM, Bob Barker, and Jorja Fox, introduced H.R. 3359 – The Traveling Exotic Animal Protection Act. If passed, this federal bill would amend the Animal Welfare Act to restrict the use of exotic and non-domesticated animals in circuses and traveling shows.
It is crucial that we support this bill. Please contact your congress member and tell them as their constituent you support H.R. 3359 – The Traveling Exotic Animal Protection Act and ask them to co-sponsor this bill. It takes only a few minutes to call, write, e-mail or fax your representative for animals that endure inhumane conditions and abuse.
- Contact information for your representative can be found by entering your zip code at this link: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/directory/congdir.tt?action=myreps_form
(Please do not contact your Senators at this time as a companion bill in the Senate has not yet been introduced.)
- You can send an automated e-mail here:http://www.congressweb.com/cweb2/index.cfm/siteid/BreakTheChain/action/TakeAction.Contact/lettergroupid/5
- For more information about H.R. 3359 / TEAPA visit Break The Chain “the campaign to bring an end to circus animal suffering in the USA, led by Animal Defenders International.” Break The Chain has updates about the campaign, resources, and more ways to take action.http://breakthechainus.com/
- Sign ADI’s petition: Ask Congress to protect circus animals and pass H.R. 3359: http://www.change.org/petitions/ask-congress-to-protect-circus-animals-and-pass-hr-3359
- More information and resources available from PAWS – The Performing Animal Welfare Society at:http://www.pawsweb.org/animals_in_traveling_shows.html
- Please cast your vote in SUPPORT of H.R. 3359 at Pop Vox:https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr3359
Using animals in circuses and traveling shows is not only cruel and inhumane, but it is a threat public safety – this archaic and cruel practice must end – with support of H.R. 3359 we can make that happen.
From ADI & PAWS:
National measures to prohibit the use of wild animals, or selected species, have been adopted in: Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Malta, Slovakia, Sweden, Portugal, Taiwan, Singapore, Bolivia, Costa Rica, India and Israel. Similar laws are being discussed in: United Kingdom, Netherlands, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Norway, and Peru. Due to public concerns, local town and city bans are in place in the US, UK, Brazil and many other countries.
Organized by D. DeSantis
Ban Circus Animals
HR 3359 - The Traveling Exotic Animal Protection Act. This federal bill would amend the Animal Welfare Act to restrict the use of exotic and non-domesticated animals in circuses and traveling shows
Break The Chain, the campaign to bring an end to circus animal suffering in the USA, led by Animal Defenders International.
“There will be a time when people will be shocked that we ever allowed the suffering of these animals in the name of entertainment to continue so long.” Bob BarkerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
El Dorado Regional Park – Archery Range (Spring St. & 605 Fwy) Pet Appreciation ...
Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary has chosen to celebrate our First Annual World Animal ...
Come and celebrate animals, meet the critters at the rescue farm. Horses, goats, pigs, chickens, ...